Employees Working From Home

We are going to begin letting some of our employees work from their homes. They will be given computers, monitors, etc. We need to establish a policy for our handbook regarding ownership of property and the return of such property upon termination. Does anyone have such a policy and, if so, would you consider emailing it to me at [email]peggy@payflex.com[/email]?

We are a Nebraska employer with approximately 100 employees in our Nebraska location with smaller locations in Colorado, Illinois and Maryland. If a terminated employee does not return the property owned by the company, do we have the right to withhold the cost of that equipment from their last paycheck?

I would appreciate any input you might have.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I dont know anything about Nebraska but in WA state we must have them sign a statement that allows for deductions for equipment/materials etc from the paycheck. I would suggest this statement and signature is part of the new policy.

You may also want to consider defining core working and availability hours, define the work space and coverage for liability and worker's compensation insurance.

Sorry I don't have a policy our Board would not approve the practice of working at home.

WO