Incentive Program

Do you guys have an incentive program for the HR department from Director to Supervisor level that you don't mind sharing with me.
Please send to
[email]johana.fina@oakcanyonmfg.com[/email]

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Johana,

You might have better luck if you tell us a little bit more about what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking for a performance-driven incentive plan to tie to compensation?

My opinion is that when it comes to these sort of things, you are almost better off developing it yourself from scratch. You, better than anyone, knows exactly what you will measure, how the metrics will be weighed (according to mission, culture, core values, etc) and how you will pay this out.

Good luck.
  • I agree. I think a lot depends on the size of the company and the type of incentive programs, if any, already in place for those in a similar level in the organization.

On the other hand, it would be nice not to have to reinvent the wheel from scratch. And many would be interested in any tips on how to maximize incentive opportunities. x:9
  • We have had a unique incentive program in place for the last 4 years or so. The staff loves it so much that we tried to discontinue it and almost had a mutny.

We print what we call "AIM BUCKS" on colored paper. Green for $1, Yellow for $2 and Pink for $5. The supervisors are supplied with 15.00 a month for each person they supervise. The directors are covered by the President and CFO's office.

Human Resources keeps a store on hand in a drawer in my desk. I have Movie Tickets, Gift certificates for Red Robin, Applebee's , Walmart, Outback, Moxie Java, McDonald's, and D&B Supply. The Movie Tickets are $7.00 and McDonald's is in $5.00 increments. The others are all in $10.00 increments.

Our employees earn the AIM BUCKS by doing something above and beyond the scope of their duties. There is a nomination sheet on our intranet and it goes to the supervisor of the department the employee works in. Anyone can nominate any employee for AIM BUCKS the supervisor determines how many and if it is a valid nomination.

We also give AIM BUCKS for Blood Draws, The costume Party and the pumpkin carving contest at Halloween.

Usually they are given out also for projects finished ahead of schedule, The top sales by a call center employee, Covering for someone on vacation, Helping plan the Christmas Party or the Summer Picnic, Saving the Company money by implementing a new plan or system. Any number of reasons. Someone once nominated an employee for AIM BUCKS because they had a flat tire and the employee went out and changed it for them on thier lunch hour.

They say AIM BUCKS on them in the different dominations and have a picture of one of our Owner's on the front of the AIM BUCK.

I spend a little time going and buying them and selling them, but all in all it has been a very good program.

Shirley

• Wildsporty: That sounds like an awesome program. I'm wondering how you handle the tax issues associated with this? We are struggling with revamping our employee recognition program and the tax issue keeps coming up. Thanks in advance.

Karen
  • I would not worry about the tax issues, screw the nervous accountants! If all you award is $5.00 or less here or there I doubt it will add up to more than $100.00 in a year, and as long as you do not stay to detailed or your totatl spent per employee is not greater than the taxable limit per employee don't sweat it.
    Typically the tax issue becomes a problem due to the value of the indidivual item being greater than a certain amount.

My $0.02 worth,
    The Balloonman
  • Karen
    We do not worry about the taxes. The certificates are 10.00 or 5.00 each. We do not account for them so it falls under the too small to account for IRS loophole.

Shirley