2005 HR Goals

I am looking at my "New Year" goals for HR/company...I'm interested in your input as to what some of you are looking at as important issues that you want to tackle this year? I realize that many will be company "specific", but there may be some that "in general" might be true for all of us - HR issues that are high priority within a company, etc. Will welcome your thoughts - thanks!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Finding and retaining quality employees. Tired of the entitlement mentality. Want ees that show up do the job they were hired for, grateful for their paycheck and turn into long term ees. Is that really too much to ask?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-07-05 AT 07:29AM (CST)[/font][br][br]If you accomplish ANY of these goals lend me your magic wand.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-05-05 AT 03:19PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Increased employee training and lower workers compensation claims costs along with a zero total incident case ratio for the year. Here is a lofty one, 100% ee buy in of our safety focus and culture.

I also would agree with szemcumo but would add I would like our hourly force to understand management is not the 'enemy' our competition is the enemy!
  • I'd like to get management training for several supervisors. They work hard and make good efforts but have no training in how to resolve conflicts, communicate effectively, or how to praise and motivate people. I'd also like to streamline some of our procedures and reorganize our filing system. and a bid ditto to Safety's post. More training, and more bridge-building with the employees. Whew!
  • Lower claims costs and reduced accidents is the one thing that most negatively affects my annual review score although there is only a very limited amount of influence I have over the multitude of soft tissue injuries/surgeries and slips and falls.

It is also going to be virtually impossible to 'accurately' read the amount of 'buy in' from employees for company objectives. The result can, however, come out to be whatever you say it is. A pretty soft and fuzzy objective. Let me have some like that one. x:-)
  • HR would get immediate notice when an ee is injured. There would be no delay on ee or ee's supvr part. The accompanying medical documentation would actually be with the notice of injury.
  • I have also had this problem. We now require that any accident reports be turned in the same day as the accident. If not, the employee knows that he or she is in trouble and will be liable for discipline. Get a policy out and demand that employees follow it.

We still have some issues with accident reports lingering on supervisor's desks or employees going to the doctor subsequent to the accident and not notifying HR but you can't have every thing.
  • This seems to be a goal for others, not for HR. Them getting the information to you timely is their goal. Here it is absolutely mandatory, no options.