Help - Big Project for CEO -

I have been given a big project by our new CEO.

Since being new to HR (only 2 1/2 years), I am not sure on how to go about this one. Your experienced help would be much appreciated. xpray

I have been asked to put together info:
1) on the pay structure (of specific job titles) that other manufacturers and our competition have in place for their ees
2) on benefits that other manufacturers and our competition have in place for their ees

By the way, we are a manufacturer with 65 ees in South Florida.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • contact your local chamber and see if they have a recent salary survey or sometimes the mfg industry you're in will have salary info that it makes avail to members, such as: in the plastics industry they have the SPE (society of plastic engineers) that will list salarys for various engineering and assembly levels. sometimes you can just call other companies in your area and if you share with them they will sometimes share with you! same goes for benefit information!

good luck!
  • I will do that. Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.
  • My first step would be to contact local manufacturers and gather as much information as possible and then purchase a specific survey for your industry and geographic location to support your information.

I had to do this and it was difficult to get other employers to supply me with information but you never know what you can learn along the way.

Good luck!

• I just emailed you an excel spread sheet of a survey administered by a local company. I've participated with them for several years. It has been useful even though I can't match up the information with the specific companies. But, one of the things I've done is call the local DOL - I have a good contact there who will give me prevailing wages for the similar companies who have had jobs posted.
  • OUR LOCAL CHAMBER OF COMM DOES A GREAT JOB DOING WAGE/BENEFIT SURVEYS. I ALSO WORK WITH THE AREA UNEMPLOYMENT/WORK SERVICES OFFICE AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL.