Soft-Q HRIS System

Does anyone here have any experience with Soft-Q HRIS? We are a small company (250 ee's) and are looking to impliment a HRIS system. Management is pretty tight on the budget so we are trying to find something fairly inexpensive (otherwise we won't be able to get it!). We use ADP for payroll and are also researching their HR module. However, Soft-Q is much more inexpensive then any of the others that I have looked at (Abra, Kronos, Nuview, PeopleTrak, ADP).

I want to make sure that before I show the different prices for all the products to management that Soft-Q is a good product, because based on their cost, that is the one mgmt is going to want to use (it costs $658 for a single user).

Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks,
Carrie

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We use the most of the ADP products here, ADP PAyroll, etime, HR Profile, Reportsmith, it integrates well and would negate the need for switching between programs...have your client services person give you the complete pricing...soryy on the Soft-Q..never heard of it.
    Good luck
  • Do you have any IT people? My company is about the same size. Several years ago, IT designed me an HRIS using Microsoft Access. It was supposed to be a simple system so I could determine what I wanted it to do, for the purpose of evaluating software for purchase. It was a project we worked on together over time & now it has evolved into quite an elaborate system. But I love it because its customized to exactly what I need. Whenever I think of something else I want, he adds it on. Access is very powerful if you know how to design it. So I never pursued any other software - this has worked perfectly for us. The cost to my department was zero because Access is deeply entrenched in our organization, so the expertise was already here. If you don't have anyone on staff capable of designing a data base, then its not cost effective. Access consultants are pricey. But if you have the expertise in house, then you can get a customized system that does exactly what you want.
  • We currently use Access but want to upgrade from it. WE are looking for something that can be fully integrated with our payroll system. HR also tends to be last on the list for help from IT when it comes to our databases...sales is always the number one priority. Thanks though...
  • I also use Access for our HRIS. At the time our IT department was overwhelmed with several projects and had no time to devote to HR. I took classes in Access and designed the HR database. It has worked great and new info can easily be added.
  • Well done Rita - I have not been able to convince myself to become that well versed with Access so I admire someone who has paid those dues.
  • I've had experience with ABRA and know how expensive it can be. Difficult to learn on a self-taught basis & classes are VERY expensive. I'm looking at going the Access route here. Anyone have any guidance of where to start & what direction to head in with ADP for payroll?
  • Start off with the ADP.com. Choose the payroll link and go from there. It will give you the low down. What I have found to be an extremely big benefit is that the training classes for most of the programs are FREE for clients..of course it helps if their main office is in you city....ours is about 20 mins. away. They also have online and phone conference training that is available..I am attending the 401k admin training tomorrow on a webcast/computer training.

These are the two main office in Michigan.

DETROIT
    16901 MICHIGAN AVE
    DEARBORN, MI 48126-2729
    313-336-7700

GRAND RAPIDS
    741 KEMOOR AVENUE, SE
    GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49546
    616-949-5331
    Give'sm a shout I have worked with ADP a while and really enjoy them...if you ar a large company PeopleSoft is great but very pricey.

Good Luck
  • Thanks jfletcher. Very much appreciated info.
  • We use ABRA, but also use MS Access. The access program pulls data from ABRA each time it starts up, so we don't have to input data into payroll and then again into the Access database.

In the past I worked about half my time in HR, half in IT with access/SQL, and another half in accounting (I work a lot of hours). We recently hired a full time HR person to take over what I was doing on the HR side. He hates ABRA, but does like the ability to customize what we are doing on the Access side. Only time will tell if we keep it the way it is, or go to ADP (his first choice).

Good luck,
    Rob S