Anyone know?

This should probably be posted in the Wage and Hour section, but this forum gets more traffic! Does anyone know what an HR Manager (generalist) with 2 years experience should be paid? Financial institution $260 million, 75 ees, southeastern WI. Thanks!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm confused by the title you used; Manager (generalist). I've never used them interchangeably.
  • The position's title is HR Manager, but the duties fit more along the lines of a generalist.
  • FunHRBanker -

There is a website you can go to and put all the variables and come out with average salary for your area.

[url]www.salary.com[/url]

• I've gone to salary.com and left thoroughly depressed. I've also seen mention of their salaries being inflated in threads on this forum. What I have done is go through classified ads and see what they are offering HR managers/directors, etc., and what experience and training they require. I think that would be more accurate. You can do this on line with local papers to save time.
  • Since you are in Wisconsin, your bank should join the MRA out of Brookfield. They do an excellent job of salary surveys for Wisconsin. Since I have the 2004 info, here it is. HR Manager, single location (small company) by number of employees is $50,699, by location is $58,000 and by industry (financial) is $58,685. HR Generalist Senior, by number of employees is $43,500, by location is $47,666 and by industry is $40,984. HR Generalist, by number of employees is $40,000, by location is $41,640, and by industry is $39,447. These numbers are for the median of the range. Small company is less than 100 employees, location I used was Racine/Kenosha but the Milwaukee/Waukesha data was close. For industry, I used Financial/Insurance/Real Estate. Since this person has only two years of experience and is a generalist, I would use the last set of numbers (low $40's) if they do not actually supervise or run the function. If you need any additional help, email me at [email]mentelm@crispell-snyder.com[/email].
  • Thank you! We are members of MRA and a few other organizations that put out salary surveys. I wanted to compile as much data as possible. I appreciate all the responses.
  • Does anyone know what department other companies put their inventory and forecasting analysts in? I would like to suggest that finance take back the forecasting and inventory planning, as well as specials analysis that the Assistant to Marketing does, but before I can suggest that, I would like to know what other companies do. She kept this function to help the Finance department out while they were installing and operating the a system for inventory, but planned to give it back to them because she felt it didn't belong in Marketing.