performance evaluation training videos.

I am looking for performance evaluation training tapes to show our supervisors. Many of them have a difficult time confronting staf who are need to improve in certain area, giving negative feedback. Do you know where I might be able to find a tape or where I can find info. on roleplaying of the performance meeting? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you're a member of SHRM, you could check out their library. Our liability carrier has a library also. It depends on how much you want to spend. There are several reputable vendors who offer training tapes on any and every topic. We use the 'Ten Danger Zones' videos and material.

Good luck. There's a lot out there.
  • In addition to the training video (which are great to use) I like the booklet format in a series by American Media Publishing (1-800-262-2557) called The Human Touch Performance Appraisal by Charles M. Cadwell. The one I use was published in 1994, so it must have been updated by now. It is especially good for supervisors not used to giving reviews because it is in a workbook format that is interactive.
  • I have used Legal and Effective Performance Appraisals by Coastal Human resources.