Office Politics - Update

Okay, ladies and gents, I've burned more hours, spun more wheels and suffered more brain damage over this issue than I care to, but I think it's resolved so I thought I'd share how things went. For background, see the thread entitled "Office Politics."

Talked for an hour with the offending asst. controller and guess what? Many of you were correct, as was my first impression: Being tight-fisted and nosy is her charter from above, which I confirmed with her supervisor and the owner. Would have been nice to let the HR guy in on that (or anyone else, for that matter).

In any event, now I need to deal with the fallout.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Good luck!!

When confronted with questions or compaints you'd rather (or can't) answer, say "I'll get back to you" or "let me check on that". I good one is "management has been aprised of the situtation". I feel for you...as anyone who has been in your shoes does.

L--
  • Hmmm. Controller and owner have interesting tactics. Nice of them to let you in on it. Makes me wonder if they were hoping you wouldn't hear about it.
  • Odd organization. What's an assistant controller, which is really just an accountant with a briefcase and an attitude, got to do with nosing around the various departments of the average company? I'd tell her to get lost if her nose got hung in my department. Assistant Controller indeed. I'm frankly surprised that it got all the attention it did get.
  • Don, "odd organization" is a charitable characterization for my company. Thank goodness for Protonix and Paxil! x;-) In any event, the bright spot is that I'm going to be out in the field training next week, so I won't have to (directly) deal with the perverted machinations of the office politics. In the field, people are actually interested in serving our guests, selling rooms, making money and getting along with each other! x:-)
  • So, in other words, they're playing Amber to her Rob for those of you who watched Celebrity Survivor.