Camera Phones

Hi Everyone,

I've currently had the pleasure xx( of researching policies on camera phone use in the workplace. Our IT department put one together but my boss isn't happy with it so he wants me to research the topic and come up with something different.

Does anyone have a camera phone policy that they are willing to share? We are a R&D / Manufacturing company so we are concerned about possible security breaches i.e.; unauthorized people taking photo's of our labs, equipment, etc.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

L

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We're in the process of updating our policy for the same reason....rather than do a new one, we've revised our electronic equipment policy to include banning picture taking of any kind in the work areas....when it's finalized, I could give you a copy...

• We also need to expand our existing electronic equipment policy or write a separate policy covering photo equipment. Please forward a copy of your finalize policy, if you are able.

Thnx,
    Debbie
  • The policy needs to cover more than just phones - some of the new PDAs take pictures as well.
  • WE DO NOT ALLOW THEM PERIOD.

AS A PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY I DON'T WANT AN EMPLOYEE TAKING PHOTOS OF SOMEONE IN AN APARTMENT WHILE SHALL WE SAY, TRIMMING THE HEDGES!

NOTE: WE SAY PERSONAL PHONE.
    THOSE WHO ARE ISSUED COMPANY CELL PHONES KNOW BETTER. WE COVER THESE EMPLOYEES IN "USE OF COMPANY PROPERTY" POLICY.

Personal Phone Calls and Personal Cell Phones

Use of personal cell phones and/or personal pagers by on-site employees in any area during work time is prohibited.

Authorization for use of such devices under extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may only be given by the Manager or Vice President.

Employees are permitted to make limited local area calls on COMPANY telephones for essential personal business, but should do so during authorized breaks only.

No unauthorized personal outgoing long distance calls are allowed.

THAT'S MY 2 CENTS WORTH.
  • Our facility is R&D/Manufacturing. The company issues cell phones (non-picture taking) and we have a cell phone policy. How we handle visitors when they come to visit is that they sign a visitor's agreement which includes the following language re picture taking devices: "Prior to entering any restricted research and/or production area you will disclose and turn over to the Company all photographic equipment in your possession including, but not limited to, cameras, video cameras, digital cameras, or video cell phones. Such items will not be permitted into restricted areas and will be held in a designated location for later pick-up."

The language is also included in the visitor policy included within the employee handbook: "Visitors must disclose possession of photographic devices including digital picture cell phones and will relinquish possession of such photographic devices before they enter our manufacturing, research and development or any other sensitive area of this facility."

All vendors who come onto facility property are subject to the same treatment.