Sexual Harassment Training

I'm looking for a company or companies that offer a 1 or 2 day training seminar for Supervisors on Sexual Harassment.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome to the forum Coach. It seems to me that a lot of companies use a little of this and a little of that and come up with their own program rather than send people to an outside seminar. That way the content can be controlled and, if needed, tailored to the environment.
    I've never been to one outside the companies I've worked for, but I Googled it and came up with a couple of sites you might want to check out:

[url]http://www.alliancetac.com/SexualHarassmentTraining.html[/url]

This is a video you can buy or rent (kinda spendy):
    [url]http://www.mpcfilms.com/products/sexual_harassment_is_it_or_isnt_it.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.diede.com/[/url]

Online course: [url]http://www.brightlinecompliance.com/training/index.php?g_page=BLCsubpage&BLCsubpage=sexual-harassment-training&blc_Session=b9830de9988f7be943c0ff3689c13d28[/url]

If you want to find more results, do what I did and go to [url]www.google.com[/url] and type in seminars sexual harassment. Good luck!
  • I suggest you don't want to find someone on the internet. Call any local labor attorney and he will be more than capable and happy to present a seminar that will meet your needs. A half day or almost a whole day will be sufficient. If you want two days, or three, he will be glad to accommodate you.
  • What is wrong with finding info on companies on the Internet? It's a great way to see what's out there.
    There are shisters everywhere, but anyone who sees a web site once and signs up for $1,000+ worth of products or services without thoroughly checking it out first is going to get scammed whether via the net or not.
  • I agree with Cinderella - we developed our own training program and it wasn't just sexual harassment, but harassment and discrimination training in general. We purchased a video (can't remember the vendor) that gave a good overview and showed many vignettes. Then we went through some powerpoint slides to reconfirm the things they saw in the video. We also provided excerpts of different kinds of cases and what the outcomes were, to show what happens when you ignore harassment (e.g. BIG awards to the plaintiffs). It was a very well received training program and total time for training was 2 hours. You may have different needs and need a longer session, but ours seemed to be plenty good at 2 hours.
  • In the Chicago area, there is an attorney firm who specializes in employment law. We had one of their attorneys give a full day seminar on employment law issues that included sexual harassment (and a role-play for those visual learners). The attorney was excellent, and the cost was far below that of others. All Supervisors and Department Heads were required to attend.
  • If your company participates in an Employee Assistance Program, they offer programs free of charge or for a nominal fee that are very good. In my opinion, half a day is more than enough time to cover this topic.

• An excellent video is Sexual Harassment: Serious Business. It is distributed by Kantola Productions, Phone (800) 989-8273, Fax (415-381-9801). They would be willing to let you have a no cost preview (as do most of these companies).
    I used it in our training (just held yesterday, in fact) and designed a powerpoint presentation giving the factual info, introducing our company policy and then showed the video, stopping after each real life job situation (they have four) to have the attendees discuss it. The video comes with a leader's guide which will give you plenty of ideas.

This was one of the best trainings (and we do a lot of them). Judging by the evaluation sheets, the employees especially liked participating in the discussion questions. The training was 2-hours (about right) and I did several sessions to be sure they were small enough for an active discussion.

But then I love training. Good luck!
  • If you will contact me directly, I can give you some information.

I'll need to know where in IL you are located.

[email]bjklink@accessus.net[/email]