Attendance policy

Im in Florida and would like some advice updating our handbook in regards to our attendance policy. I would like any information from other Florida HR professional on their attendance policy. Id like to put together a attendance point system to track attendance and issue discipline when they reach their max. Anyone have anything is writting?

Thank you

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think we have an excellent attendance policy that involves a point system with corrective action. I am in Arizona but I don't know why it wouldn't work for Florida. I would have to fax the chart as it was created by someone before my time. If you are interested give me a fax number.
  • eddice,

Please fax me a copy of your attendance policy with corrective action.
    Do you have paid sick days available to employees?

My fax number is 402-434-8467.
    Thank you.
    dd
  • We recently updated our attendance policy and the part that we struggled with the most was the discipline section and how to correlate that with violations of the policy. I would be interested in a copy of your policy and how you apply the point system. Please fax a copy to me at 316-636-5790. If you are interested I will recipricate with a copy of our policy.
  • Eddice,

I'd also very much appreciate a copy of your policy (308)832-2214 attn: Lenetta

We're in the process of writing a policy manual - we've been using a former parent company's handbook for decades, but no one knew it. Long story short, I've been dealing with an HR guru in CA that says a structured discipline policy negates our at-will policy. Anybody else have any experience/heard any rumors on that? I'm in Nebraska, so I KNOW our state laws are quite different.

It's a catch 22 - we don't want to mess with at-will, but if there's wiggle room in the policy, I worry that employees will insist on wiggling. This is, of course, regardless of the policy language that says "the company may take any disciplinary action it feels is appropriate to a given situation".

Ugh. At least my 3 day no call no show from last week called in to say he wouldn't be here today. That's progress, right?

Thanks,
    Lenetta
  • Eddice,

Thank you for your response, I have not been online in a while and have forgot to check the forum. My fax number is 407-324-7311, send to attention: Dean Robertson, Director HR

Thank you very much
  • I would really like your fax or email me a copy of your attendance policy. I have not been on lately to check my messages and the employers forum. Can you please fax it to Dean Robertson 407-324-7311 or email me at [email]drobertson@cffhc.org[/email] or if anyone out there has a attendance policy with a point system, or have receive anything from Eddice, can you share it with me.Thank you
  • Did you ever receive a copy of the Attendance Policy that Eddice offered via fax? I have noticed numerous responses asking for a copy.
  • No, im still waiting on a reply for Eddice. If you have a copy of a policy of your own you can share, id would greatly appreciate any help.

thank you
  • I would love a copy of your policy. My fax number is 407-628-0287. Thanks much.
  • Hi.. We are in Florida too. Could we have a copy of your policy too! Thanks!

863-668-8711
  • Hi, Im in Orlando, Fla and have been wanting to get a Florida contact list of Florida HR professional to give ideas and use as a additional support for Fla issues, if you are interested in helping develop a Fla base of HR professionals email me your information to [email]drobertson@cffhc.org[/email]

Thank you
    Dean