New Employment Application Process

Right now I am receiving all of the applications and making copies for hiring managers so I can keep the original. However, this process is not working right now. I need a new process to keep quality control of the applications. Can anyone share how they keep control over the applications?

We are a smaller company and we do not have an official HR Deparment. I am what they call the HR person, but theres only so much one person can handle.

HELP!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Is your problem that when you give out applications they don't get returned to you? Here are some ideas to help you with that.

1. Keep a log of all applications you receive. We keep one with the applicant's name, social security number, and date applied. We file them by month.
    2. Tell Supervisors that if they want to see the applications of qualified applicants, they can stop by your office to look over them.
    3. If they want to take one with them, they can check it out, like a library, then you know who has what.

Other than that, you might be doing the best thing by just making your copies and keeping the originals. We make copies of all write-ups we send out because they frequently get lost and the employee never receives the couseling.
  • What about using a scanner? I don't know how expensive they are but you can scan them and save in files/folders according to job, qualifications, etc. If someone needs a copy, print it out.