What would you do - part deux

Well, boys and girls, more on the continuing saga of the flaky general manager, the flaky guest and the vituperative employee.

General manager would not entertain the prospect of staying on and stalked off the premises Wednesday (which reminds me: need to do his COBRA continuation letter). Employee remains suspended as of this writing, to everyone's general agreement.

Three employees of the same co. the obnoxious guest works for (all the ee's of that company stay with us when they're in the area) have contacted me to tell me their coworker was in the wrong, he's a jerk, he had it coming, it was less than he deserved, etc. when our employee yelled at him. I thanked them for their input and their continued business and felt better about not rescinding the suspension and not terminating the employee.

Obnoxious guest calls. He was 100% in the right and did not deserve to be treated that way and spoken to in that manner by our employee and he wants her fired. Heroically resisting the temptation to tell him he's a blathering idiot, I thank him for his input and tell him that we have dealt appropriately with the employee's transgression.

"You mean you fired her?"

"No."

"What did you do?"

"We dealt with the matter in accordance with our policies."

"But she's not fired?"

"No."

"Well, I don't think I will keep my business in your hotel. I'll stay elsewhere."

"That's certainly your choice, sir."

Meantime, that employee's supervisor and the DHR of his company are going to be receiving a letter from me asking that he cease his verbally abusive behavior or not stay at our establishment any more.

And, to top it off, our long-term assistant general manager at that property has consented to take over as the new general manager, a fact that pleases everyone in the company.

I love happy endings. x:-)

Comments