Wellness Programs

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-18-03 AT 04:07PM (CST)[/font][p]We're going to be implementing a wellness program and was wondering if anyone had any models they'd be willing to share.

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you have an EAP you will find that they have lots of suggestions, pamphlets, etc. Also any area hospital public relations department can guide you to a source. Nurses associations are also responsive.
  • We have also started a wellness program and are working closely with our health insurance broker. We started off by offering health risk assessments, free of charge, for all our employees. We learned what the major health risks were, and what the employee's health-related goals were. Not surprisingly, they were weight loss and increasing fitness. Then we formed a wellness committee. Our first program will kick-off in September. It's the 10K-A-Day walking program. We have also started a wellness library area and wellness bulletin board. Good luck.
  • Another great source is the American Red Cross. Visit [url]www.redcross.org[/url] for more info.
  • As a state employer, we just recently cut our wellness program due to budget cuts, but prior to that we had an excellent one. Our organization contracted out to OHSU, the local health university. They provided the staffing and we paid a monthly fee for their "program" as well as provided the space and computers for the staff. There are actually alot of companies in the business of providing this service that includes the program and staff at a fee. You might want to search the internet for such companies, it is big business and there are many options available.
  • We have been using the Wellness at Work program from WellCorp. Our employees have enjoyed the program. The first was "Get fit on Route 66", where you chose a vehicle as your marker (anything from sports cars to broken down trucks) and exercised your way along route 66. They have also sponsored flu shot programs and have a monthly newsletter, along with email messages. They can be contacted at 877-777-3150 or [email]Info@desktopwellness.com[/email].
  • Our company has developed a wellness program that I would be pleased to share. Just let me know where to send it.
  • Marc - I would be very interested in a copy of your wellness program. Please e-mail me at [email]cwells@len-ind.com[/email] or fax 517-589-8321. We are in the process of putting a wellness program together and would appreicate some help. Thanks in advance. ;;)
  • We are comtemplating a wellness program - would you please share yours? My e-mail is [email]dnyre@Prent.com[/email] - fax=608-373-7257 - phone=608-754-0276.
    Thanks
  • Please send me a copy of your Wellness Program too. My email address is [email]mgeorge@blitzusa.com[/email].

We have a program in place, but are always looking to improve upon what we are doing.
  • Marc,
    I would be interested in receiving a copy as well. My Executive Director has indicated interest in a Wellness Program and I don't know where to begin. My email is [email]hr1@saum.org[/email] and fax # is 210-431-6470. Tks, Barbara
  • Marc,

We are looking to start a Wellness Program in January to start a new year, new habits and a healthier life style.
    I have started writing our program and would appreciate viewing yours. My email address is [email]ddavis@farmersmutualofne.com[/email].

Thanks and have a great day!
    dd
  • >Our company has developed a wellness program that I would be pleased
    >to share. Just let me know where to send it.

I would love to see what you have developed as far as a wellness plan.If you don't mind please mail me at [email]szemblidge@versa-tags.com[/email].

Thank you,
    Sandie

• Marc,

I am also interested in your wellness program. We have been contemplating starting a program. The only thing we have in place is a flu shot program. My email address is [email]tshake@smithville.net[/email] and my fax number is (812) 876-9267. Thanks in advance for your help.

• There is a wellness organization - I believe that the website is www. welcoa.org That will give you a good start.