HIPPA - Notice of Privacy Practices

Does the employee have to send to each INDIVIDUAL subscriber of its group health plan the above notice? Would it suffice if this notice is posted on the bulletin boards at each dept and also the lunch rooms? Please advise.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My understanding is that posting a notice on the bulleting boards is NOT sufficient. Each employee is to receive a copy of the privacy notice and they must be provided training on the privacy rule, what their rights are as well as what the policies you, as the employer, have instituted to ensure you are in compliance with this regulation. All this information must be documented as well.
  • Linda is correct. Each employee has to be trained by the Privacy Officer like an inhouse training workshop. Our employees are also allowed to count this training on their training record. The Privacy Office should have a signature sheet for each employee to sign that he/she has received the training, along with the notice. A copy of the signature sheet (similar to a confidentiality sheet) should be placed in the employee's personnel file. The notice should also be posted on the employee bulletin board in each branch or office. Let me know if you would like a copy of an employee signature sheet. Isn't HIPAA fun?
  • Thank you for your offer. Could you email it to [email]gchian@dominionelectric.com[/email] or fax to 703-351-2483. T

Thank you all for your timely advice.
  • Received all your information on HIPAA but didn't see the form for employees to sign once they have received their training. Would it be possible to get a copy of this from you too?

Lots of good information in the material previously received from you. Thanks again! Please e-mail to [email]lpaquin@ruralresources.org[/email].

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-11-03 AT 12:00PM (CST)[/font][p]Would you send me a copy of the employee signature sheet? I'd really appreciate it. Also, what is a good site for more HIPAA info on this privacy thing? email at [email]jean@smucker.net[/email] or fax to 888-650-4140 Thank you