Handbook

Does anyone have a SHORT paragraph that talks about Equal Emplpoyment Opportunity and does this have to go in a handbook?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am not sure if it is required, but I think it is a good idea to state that you are an EEO. Our handbook reads: ___ is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such has a responsiblity to ensure non-discrimination in regards to race, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, political affiliation, veteran status. disability or age. No employee will be denied employment or promotion opportunities for reasons of a disability, provided the disability does not impede job performance with or without reasonable accommodation.
  • _____ is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Employment decisions, including, but not limited to, decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits and promotions, will be based on factors consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity such as merit, competence, and qualifications must not be influenced in any manner on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other prohibited criterion. ____ does not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind by or towards its employees, executives, managers, supervisors, directors, co-workers, or outside third parties.

Through the procedures set forth in the policy regarding discrimination and harassment, ____ strives to prevent, correct and, where appropriate, take disciplinary and other action to correct behavior that violates this policy and existing law.

• Here's what ours says:

___is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate with regard to the terms or conditions of employment on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, military service, or disability (provided employee is physically/mentally able to perform their regular duties of his/her job).

___ will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and to benefits and training too.

Employees with questions of concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their manager or the Director of Human Resources. Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal or retaliation. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks, this is what I already had - I was hoping to abbreviate but that's ok.