Confidentiality Program

Our company is looking into implementing a confidentiality program. We currently have a policy in place on confidentiality agreement only; however, we do not have a comprehensive program, which would cover all the other aspects or functions within our organization.

Please feel free to share your experiences with this type of programs and what has and has not worked for you...

Thanks!!!

VG in Chicago

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The best I've seen was when I worked for St. Mary's/Duluth Clinic Health System in Duluth, MN. It was quite comprehensive and included the "Bee Alert" program. I'd recommend you contact their HR Dept at (218) 786-4564.
  • Working in the court environment, confidentiality is a very serious matter and is handled with strict policy regarding confidentiality concerning any matter learned through the scope of the job. Matters cannot be discussed with anyone other than those with a need-to-know. Need-to-know does not include your spouse, friends or even your co-workers. In the event matters need to be disclosed we have a policy that strictly forbids these matters to be discussed within the earshot of others.

Another area of concern that all organizations should consider, whether private sector or public sector, is that of personal matters concerning co-workers, management or others within your organization that you may hear, should never be discussed with anyone else.

Along with policy, each employee must sign an acknowledgement of receipt and understanding of the confidentiality policies we have.
    Very effective if you want to stop the rumor mill!

Hope this helps.

MH