OSHA regs

What are consequences when employer doesn't file a first report of accident? EE has requested under FOI first accident reports, OSHA logs, clinic reports. EE has filed a WC claim and wants this info for documentation.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I see multiple "esses" in your post. I would not reveal another employee's medical information and that includes OSHA logs and accident reports.
  • Odd request indeed. Tell him those are confidential company records not available to employees.
  • In our company a failure to report an accident/injury is a terminal offense. Our world of work can not take a chance that one would become worse off to leave an injury with out care. a break in one's skin is a place for development of greater illnesses than just a mir scratch or needle prick. We therefore insist and enforce a policy of no report, no injury, at work. Tomorrow is not the time to report a hurt back yesterday. That would constitute a violation of company policy and a terminating event. We have had a few to try and we have given in on occasion if the employee has witnesses to the accident/event. In which case, we use our discipline system to get their attention. We have terminated and defended our actions against a violation of our reporting policy.
  • Pork: I understand the importance; however, I could see termination being interpreted by a jury as retaliation for an having had an accident. Have you ever had a comp hearing following one of these? Or any other kind of charge related to your policy. (I had my famous sausage/shrimp stuffed porkchops on the grill last nite).
  • EE reported injury, employer just never filed first report of accident. EE has filed WC and wants accident report to back-up their injury. Employer never even offered ee accident report to fill out even though ee lost time on job.