Return to Work with Restrictions
I am dealing with an employee who ...
- Exhausted 12 weeks of FMLA & has since been on COBRA for benefits.
- Has been given 12 weeks of Unpaid Leave as a reasonable accommodation after FMLA.
- Is expected to return to work on Nov 2, 2016.
- On Oct 28, 2016, Dr. released her with the folloing restrictions: cannot reach overhead & lift/carry more than 10 lbs.
- She holds a custodian position. The lifting required in this position is 35 lbs.
- The company has 26 employees total and is currently understaffed in the custodial area.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to prove undue hardship?