What can I do with managers that won't listen?

I have a huge problem getting time in from the managers of our field crews - every week, I have employees calling me because their paycheck is short. Though our managers are supposed to be approving time before they turn it in to me, it is obvious that they are not.

I do not know what to do about this issue - I have verbally reprimanded them several times, and nothing seems to come of it. I know they won't get fired, so I don't know what avenue to take at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this issue resolved? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You need to check you disciplinary action policy. if aplicable the next step should be to give them either a verbal documented warning or an actual written warning that could potentially include suspension from work if failure to appropiately submit accurate time sheets from workers. Managers think that because of their positions they are not subject to disciplineine. Plus they aRe protected by upper management.... I know, very frustrating. if you have the support you need to get accross the fact that (make it a disciplinary action meeting with upper management involved) the failure of documenting and thus paying employees innacurately is really a huge liability for the company. 

Good luck !

• The tough solution is to warn employees that you can no longer fix pay over the phone, that only their respective managers can do that, and stick to it.