Discriminatory Supervisor - Help!

I have been notified that I have a foreman on my crews that has been discriminating against two older employees - he has called both of them old and told them they serve him no purpose.

Additionally, he has told at least two people on his crew that they should go back to their country. 

We aren't sure whether to terminate or write him up, or suspend him for a period of time and require some EEO training, but either way, I'm not sure where to look for adequate training on this. We use the BLR tool in our EEO Meetings (a federal requirement).That's obviously not enough.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know of any good sensitivity training, or is counseling for this supervisor a different option that might help? We are located in San Antonio, Texas.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Have you reached a conclusion about this supervisor based on a thorough investigation, or are you taking the complainants' word at face value?

How you handle it is a matter of philosophy and risk aversion that we cannot decide for you.  There are many options, and the one or ones that you choose will depend on factors that we cannot know about.  Everything you have mentioned could be appropriate,

• This was brought to our attention by another foreman that happened to be on the job with the foreman in question and his crew. After it was brought to my attention, I asked the employee and others about the situation. I've called the foreman, but he hasn't returned my calls.  

I'm wondering if anyone has any good leads for diversity training. Thanks. 

• At the top of the screen, as you read this, click on Training, then on HR Training.  On the new screen, select "Diversity."

I have had good results using BLR training materials.