Anyone Use HR Great Plains Module?

I have a client who is asking me to look into Microsoft's Great Plains Human Resources module for them. The company has about 250 employees and uses Great Plains as an accounting/financial system for the organization. The CFO is asking human resources to now adopt the HR module so that all the HR info is on one system along with the financial data. The HR team currently uses excel spreadsheets to maintain their data, and seem perfectly happy with it.

The HR team has found a few HR users of Great Plains at other companies and they have not heard anything positive about GP, particularly when it comes to reporting. Apparently they were told that the reports are static and can't be sorted, etc. such as their excel spreadsheets.

Are any of you using the HR module for GP? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [quote user="lfreem2"]

I have a client who is asking me to look into Microsoft's Great Plains Human Resources module for them. The company has about 250 employees and uses Great Plains as an accounting/financial system for the organization. The CFO is asking human resources to now adopt the HR module so that all the HR info is on one system along with the financial data. The HR team currently uses excel spreadsheets to maintain their data, and seem perfectly happy with it.

The HR team has found a few HR users of Great Plains at other companies and they have not heard anything positive about GP, particularly when it comes to reporting. Apparently they were told that the reports are static and can't be sorted, etc. such as their excel spreadsheets.

Are any of you using the HR module for GP? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Generally, all data in one place has very, very positive outcomes down the road.  Still, you have to be able to report.  I have not used great plains, but I would be surprised if the data could not be exported in an Excel friendly format.  A brief google around suggests that you can export to manipulate data.