Supervisor not allowed to provide input

We have a situation where internal management (and HR) staff are circumventing one of our supervisors to assign special projects and new tasks to his direct report.  The employee has developed very close relationships with management and HR and I'm afraid this may be some of the reason why the supervisor is being circumvented and not allowed to provide feedback regarding this employee's workload before he's assigned additional tasks.  The supervisor is concerned that the employee is being overloaded and he knows this employee will not raise his hand if he feels pressured or is not able to meet his deliverables.  Any suggestions on how this should be addressed? Thank you.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What is your role in the company and your relationship to "management" and "HR"?  With that we can better assist you in crafting a strategy.
  • Thank you. I am another supervisor within the unit.  We all are within HR.
  • [quote user="PayrollNovice4"]

We have a situation where internal management (and HR) staff are circumventing one of our supervisors to assign special projects and new tasks to his direct report.  The employee has developed very close relationships with management and HR and I'm afraid this may be some of the reason why the supervisor is being circumvented and not allowed to provide feedback regarding this employee's workload before he's assigned additional tasks.  The supervisor is concerned that the employee is being overloaded and he knows this employee will not raise his hand if he feels pressured or is not able to meet his deliverables.  Any suggestions on how this should be addressed? Thank you.

[/quote]

OK -- so we have a situation where Supervisor A has subordinate B and some other Supervisor C who is making assignments directly to B without going through A and A, B, andC are all in the same department.  Is that correct?

Are you A, B, or C in this scenario?

Do A and C report to the same person?