age discrimination?

Why is this position post not "age discriminatory"? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Requirements:

PDT Program Qualifications:

Bachelor’s Degree received within the last 36 months with one of the following majors:

• Electrical Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Human Resources
  • Marketing/Technical Sales
  • Finance and Accounting
  • Supply Chain
  • 3.0 Cumulative GPA minimum (no rounding)
  • Maximum of 3 years full-time work experience or less (Maximum of 5 years full-time work experience or less for Finance PDT Program)

• Minimum of one completed internship or co-op experience related to field of study
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Geographically mobile
  • Authorized to work in the United States, indefinitely

JUMP Program Qualifications:

Master’s Degree received within the last 36 months with one of the following majors:

• Electrical Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Supply Chain
  • Human Resources
  • Marketing/Technical Sales
  • Finance / Accounting
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • 3.2 Cumulative GPA minimum (no rounding)
  • Maximum of 3 years full-time work experience or less (Maximum of 5 years full-time work experience or less for Finance JUMP Program)
  • Minimum of one completed internship or co-op experience related to field of study
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Geographically mobile:  JUMP candidates must be willing to complete an international rotation
  • Authorized to work in the United States, indefinitely

To be a candidate for Bosch’s Development Programs, we are looking for more than just a degree.  We want to know if you have the demonstrated abilities and characteristics that are critical for success at Bosch.  Take a look and decide for yourself.  Is our program right for you? 

• Are you a leader?
  • Are you innovative?  
  • Do you have an adaptive style?
  • Are you results oriented?
  • Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset?
  • Are you innovative? 
  • Do you have a global mindset?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Defense
    I earned my master's degree in a class that was mostly 22-24, a few around 30, and a couple in their early 40s.
    Some fields such as engineering benefit by having the latest, greatest info.

Issues
    The degree, itself, is not the qualifying part.
    Adverse impact is definitely going to be a problem.  The vast majority of students for terminal master's degrees are in their early to mid 20s.
    Some fields, such as HR Management, don't have enormous breakthroughs in training and technology in a 3 year period.

Overall, I'd say it was pretty blatent.

• I agree it looks pretty blatant, but is this an internship program?  Most internship programs discriminate in favor of young applicants since that is generally who has just finished degrees..because the overall pool of applicants is probably not age diverse.  And my question would be this...would they hire the older person who went back as a second career but met the qualifications of just getting the degree? Or would their prior experience (in a different field perhaps) throw them out of qualification?

I guess I would want to know how "program" is defined by this company.