California - Form AB 650

I have been trying to find form AB 650 (Employer required notification) that I need to include in the W-2's and I can't find it anywhere.  I did find a site, but they wanted to charge for the form.  The form is a federal 'Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)' and is mandatory that I issue with the W-2's.  Anyone have a copy????

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sheila, you have a couple of options. This is from the state website ...

How do I provide my employees notification of the EITC and what
    should I provide them?

The law states: The employer shall provide the notification required by
    handing directly to the employee or mailing to the employee's last known address
    either of the following:

1. Instructions on how to obtain any notices available from the Internal
      Revenue Service for this purpose, including, but not limited to, the IRS Notice
      797 and Form W-5, or any successor notice or form; or,
    2. Any notice created by the employer, as long as it contains substantially the
      same language as the notice described below or in this sample notice:

Based on your
      annual earnings, you may be eligible to receive the earned income tax credit
      from the federal government. The earned income tax credit is a refundable
      federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The
      earned income tax credit has no effect on certain welfare benefits. In most
      cases, earned income tax credit payments will not be used to determine
      eligibility for Medicaid, supplemental security income, food stamps, low-income
      housing or most temporary assistance for needy families payments. Even if you do
      not owe federal taxes, you must file a tax return to receive the earned income
      tax credit. Be sure to fill out the earned income tax credit form in the federal
      income tax return booklet. For information regarding your eligibility to receive
      the earned income tax credit, including information on how to obtain the IRS Notice 797 or Form W-5, or any other
      necessary forms and instructions, contact the Internal Revenue Service at
      1-800-829-3676 or through its Web site at www.irs.gov.

Employers may provide the
      EITC notification with or at the same time as the Form W-2 or Form 1099 is given
      to employees.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/Payroll_taxes/FAQ_-_Earned_Income_Tax_Credit_Notification.htm