Reward and Recognition Ideas

Since we're going to need to do more with less in 2009, I am looking for simple, cost-effective ways to reward and recognize those people who will be working harder than ever.  Any ideas?  Anything you have done that was particularly well-received?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We do a few things that are low cost, but appreciated, that you might consider.

"Instant Recognitions" are valued at around $10. The employee is presented with an envelope with a postcard and a voucher inside.  The postcard is a written thank you from the presenter, and the voucher lists items the employee can select as their recognition item:  a) a $10 internal gift card (use it in the cafeteria or to purchase tangible items in our gift shops); b) two movie passes to a local theatre; c) a $10 voucher to use at select area merchants; or, d) a $10 mall gift card.

Supervisors and managers have a supply of instant recognitions.  They make out the postcard for the employee they're presenting it to, and they also send a copy to the employee's supervisor.  The receiver takes their completed voucher to a specific person(s) to redeem it.

2) A more significant recognition is a $75 VISA (or other) gift card.  These can be used at any merchant that accepts that type card- restaurants, retail stores, on-line, etc.

We have higher "bonus" type recognitions, but these are the two in the range I think you're asking for. 

• [quote user="efeldman"]

Since we're going to need to do more with less in 2009, I am looking for simple, cost-effective ways to reward and recognize those people who will be working harder than ever.  Any ideas?  Anything you have done that was particularly well-received?

[/quote]

Bonus vacation days.  Nothing like a 4 day work week for 5 days of pay.  Unfortunately, you can't do that if you are up to your eyeballs in work.  EEs like it tho.