Workers' Comp for US employees in China, or Chinese nationals in the US

Does anyone have experience with these situations? We recently had a minor injury to a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />US national visiting our facility in China and it has raised a lot of questions. 


  • 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The employee would be eligible for Workers Compensation no matter what part of the country s/he was visiting.  The way that Workers Comp determines compensability is where the person lives, where the person is managed from, where the person recieves their pay and where the injury happened.  In this case you have only one factor outside, therefore the employees homedepartment would be responsible for this Workers Comp Claim.  I hope this helps.

Sign In or Register to comment.