married women workers' last names

Reports are that Hillary Clinton is dropping her maiden name, Rodham, for her presidential run, but will continue to use Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Senate.

The report said that most married women use their husband's last name, 25% use their maiden name as a middle name, and 4% continue to use their maiden name.

Do you find any administrative problems with regard to employees using different last names from their current spouses?  If so, what type of problems come up?  Is the problem greatest with healthcare providers?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have not experienced a problem with this -- the use of a maiden name (or hyphenated name) is so commonplace that it is accepted everywhere. The only problem I am familiar with is with children and medical records. IO think there is still some confusion when the child has a name different from the insured.

• Hey, just saw an article that legislation was passed in the California House that gives men the same right to change their surnames after marriage as women, that is without going to court and paying fees.  The legislation also applies to domestic partners.  The bill goes on to the state Senate.
  • My company has not experienced any problem in this area either.  In this day and age this seems to becoming more commonplace (the woman keeping her last name or hyphenating the last name.