Boss wants too much

Friday Funny:

For thirty years, Johnson had arrived at work at 9A.M. on the dot. He had never missed a day and was never late.

Consequently, when on one particular day 9 A.M. passed without Johnson's arrival, it caused a sensation. All work ceased, and the boss himself, looking at his watch and muttering, came out into the corridor.

Finally, precisely at ten, Johnson showed up, clothes dusty and torn, his face scratched and bruised, his glasses bent. He limped painfully to the time clock, punched in, and said, aware that all eyes were upon him, "I tripped and rolled down two flights of stairs in the subway. Nearly killed myself."

And the boss said, "And to roll down two flights of stairs took you a whole hour?"

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Certainly the boss behaved badly. I've fallen down a flight of stairs and thought I might kill myself too. Very painful. This is a modern world though, perhaps Johnson could have used his cell phone to contact the office or asked if anyone else had a cell phone to call. It appears that all co-workers were genuinely concerned due to the employees very reliable attendance. A call could have relieved that anxiety and resulted in more productivity by the rest of the team. Still, the boss should have asked if the employee was OK, needed to go home for the day or said he was glad Johnson did not fatally injure himself.