Google Pay Raises

I read an article in the Washington Post about Google's recent announcement that they are giving all employees an "across the board" 10% pay increase. The article talks about the problems with giving all employees the same 5 of increase and how that can have a negative effect on morale. What was even more interesting to me, though, was the feedback from readers. If you'd like to check it out, you can find the article at:

[URL]http://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/post_leadership/2010/11/raises-at-google.html?hpid=topnews?hpid=smartliving[/URL]

I'm curious. With so many companies not having salary increases in the last couple of years, what are companies planning for salary increases this year? Anyone taking a page from Google's book and giving across the board increases? Anyone giving any level of increases? If so, what is the % of increase?

Sharon

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My 2011 comp budget shows an average of 3.6%, but we typically run 1-1.5% above budgeted.

(Why, yes, now that you mention it, our comp budget process does seem a bit useless - because we do it too far in advance, refuse to look at any historical actual results, and make predictions on individual employees' job performance... Thanks for noticing!)