Confidentiality Agreement

Hello!!!

Does anyone have a confidentiality agreement they would like share???? Our credit union would l ike to create one since we've been facing our current employees 'communicating with former employees discussing the operation of the credit union through Facebook, twitter, e-mail, phone or any other means of communication. I'd like to create a policy stating that any discussion of confidential information will lead to termination.

:help:

Thank you,

ACR

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our confidentiality agreement reads in part:

[I]"As an employee of __________, I recognize that I may have access to or be required to handle certain information that is confidential, private, and proprietary during the performance of my duties. I am aware that confidential information in any form (written, verbal, electronic, or in any other form) may not be released to anyone outside of the company without permission.[/I]

[I]I understand that any unauthorized release or carelessness in the handling of confidential information is considered a breach of the duty to maintain confidentiality.[/I]

[I]I further understand that any breach of the duty to maintain confidentiality could be grounds for immediate dismissal."[/I]

All employees are required to sign the agreement upon hire.
  • CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT

I understand and agree that in the performance of my duties as an employee of ____________, I must hold all medical, financial, employee, client, and company information in strict confidence. Without limiting the foregoing, I particularly understand that I have an obligation to hold in strict confidence all information concerning employee plan members and their dependents, contracts, incidents, and any discussion pertaining to _______ administrative personnel issues, whether personal or business related, quality assurance, credentialing, and financial/administrative data. This information must not be repeated or discussed with anyone outside of the direct operations of ________, nor with unauthorized persons within or outside of _________. That is, this information must not be related to anyone who does not have a legitimate business reason to receive the information. This obligation exists even after I have left the organization.

At times I may be investigating information pertaining to plan members and their dependents, some of whom may be employees of ________, physicians and other professionals. I will have the responsibility to assure the privacy and confidentiality of all information gathered in the course of my investigations and reporting of such information.

I understand and agree that in the course of my duties as an employee of _______, I must comply with all company policies and procedures. I also understand and agree that I will not use any information obtained through my work for _________ in a manner detrimental to _____________. I understand that I must report to my supervisor any violation or potential violation of the statements, policies, or procedures stated herein.

I further understand that ___________ has policies and procedures to assure compliance with regulations promulgated under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. I agree to abide by all such policies and procedures.

I acknowledge and agree that all letters, contracts, agreements, reports, memoranda and other corporate materials, documents and data made available to me during or in conjunction with my employment by __________ are and will remain the property of ____________ and are confidential, proprietary and trade secrets. Accordingly, I agree that at the end of my employment by __________, I will destroy or return to _________ all such documents and other materials that are in my possession or control, including all information stored or maintained in electronic form, unless otherwise expressly authorized in writing by the president of _________.

[B]I understand that violation or breach of ___________ corporate policies related to confidentiality or of this Agreement may result in disciplinary action which may include my immediate termination.[/B]

By signing this statement, I am stating and acknowledging that I have received, read, and understand ____________’s Confidentiality Policy and agree to abide by its terms.

This statement will be read and signed annually by me and will remain on file in my personnel file in ____________’s Human Resources Department.

______________________ _________________________________
    DATE SIGNATURE OF EMPLOYEE
  • Ours (see above) is long and involved due to the nature of our business, but I think it covers all the bases. Employees must sign it upon hire and again every fall.
  • Most of the confidentiality agreements I've had experience with don't go into specifics about what employees may discuss other than that they cannot divulge confidential information about the company. I'm always a bit leery of agreements that try to keep employees from talking about the company itself (as opposed to the company's proprietary secrets) because that can get a bit too close violating their rights to engage in protected concerted activity.

HRLaws.com subscribers can find a sample non-disclosure agreement at: [URL="http://http://www.hrlaws.com/forms-orientation - acknowledgements"]http://www.hrlaws.com/forms-orientation - acknowledgements[/URL]

Sharon
  • To find out what the the NLRB thinks about restricting employee comments on social media go to their page at: [URL]http://www.nlrb.gov/about_us/news_room/index.aspx[/URL] and read the news release titled: Complaint alleges Connecticut company illegally fired employee over Facebook comments.

Hope this helps.

Sharon
  • Thank you all very much!!!!!
    Information was very helpful.

ACR
  • Holy cow - this case could be huge!

Many, if not most, employers have a provision in their policies that prevent employees from disparaging the company publicly... If the NLRB is going to rule that Facebook pages are not public, then what else might they consider private? Facebook posts are like a conversation in a crowded restaurant. You can say it was private, but you have to have some expectation that others will hear what is said.