Friday (true) Funny

I thought I'd let you guys read an e-mail I received from an applicant this week...grammar and spelling errors have been preserved for authenticity. This one definitely made me chuckle - this job never ceases to amaze me.

[COLOR="Navy"]Thank you for at least reviewing my resume. I had a case in which about 2 1/2 years ago I made a bad maistake and took medication for a kidney stone that I had. I have not had any problems since so I am asking for the possible position in your workers Comp. or case mangement center seeing as no drugs are dispensed( as most employers would possibly have a problem with it) Please review my resume and give me a call. Thank you in advance for your consideation [/COLOR]

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We don't hire people who have had kidney stones, so don't send him my way.
  • Reminds me of a bad Friday I had in 1997 where I interviewed 2 people at the end of the day. There was not a lot to choose from the resumes I had received, but I chose the top 2.

The first one walked in and told me she had been alcohol free for several months and thought she could keep on the straight and narrow in the future. Her only concern was that her husband would be getting out of prison soon and he might drink around her. Oh, and by the way, she might be going to jail soon for embezzlement but she didn't really take the money. Her boss had her sign stuff and had disappeared. (It was a cashier's job.)

The second gal walked in and announced she was pregnant. I hired her, but not without some flak from my bosses. (She turned out to be a disappointment which didn't help me any.) I was seriously ready for my weekend that day.
  • In this vein, I received an e-mail from a gentleman that apparently assisted with our summer staff orientation 20 years ago. He was offering his services again. He comes across as very old school and militaristic.

He sent me a full agenda that he had customized to "reinforce" the rules and guidelines and keep our apparently unruly staff in line.

My favorite part of the two page agenda was a section at the end that was simply described as "Hammer."

I thanked him for his e-mail and told him his services would not be needed so I will never get to find out what "hammer" time was all about.

I did suggest him to our exec director as a future speaker for any future supervisor training sessions.
  • Sounds like someone with some major control issues. Wow!
  • I can send you his e-mail Beth if your namby pamby hugsy-wugsy employee orientation isn't doing the trick. He'll whip those sorry maggots you call your staff into shape in no time.
  • Yes, maybe I can learn from such wisdom! :D