Does anyone have a good recipe for....

...Cashew Nut Chicken? We had it at a Thai restaurant and I still get cravings!

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nevada, was the chicken coated with finely chopped cashews, then cooked, or was it tossed with whole cashews when served?
  • It was tossed w/ whole cashews and a sweet(ish), brown sauce. My mouth just watered. Can you help? Thanks!
  • I have found with dishes like this you can substitute the vegetables to whatever your family likes. Let me know if it turns out okay :)

Ingredients
    1/4 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
    1/4 cup dry sherry
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    3/4 cup raw cashews
    5 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced crosswise
    1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 teaspoon Szechwan peppercorns
    1 1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    1 pound bok choy, longer ribs halved crosswise
    Steamed rice, for serving

Directions
    In a small bowl, whisk to blend the chicken stock with the sherry, soy sauce and cornstarch.
    Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet. Add the cashews and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the nuts to a plate.
    Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Add the white part of the scallions, the ginger, garlic and Szechwan peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the sauce and arrange the chicken in a single layer in the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the bok choy in a layer over the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the bok choy is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken, bok choy and sauce to bowls. Garnish with the scallion greens and cashews and serve with rice.