RIF Severance Agreement 2-Parter

Well, the unavoidable is happening, and we're doing a reduction in force. :(

Part 1 - My question to you brilliant forumites is: I've never done a RIF where a severance agreement was offered to non-professional level employees...have you? All those affected by the RIF are hourly workers, and while we want to offer them severance, we also want to use a severance agreement.

Part 2 - Does anyone have a very basic severance agreement they would be willing to share?

Thanks everyone...

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [QUOTE=Still Need Coffee;717179]Well, the unavoidable is happening, and we're doing a reduction in force. :(

Part 1 - My question to you brilliant forumites is: I've never done a RIF where a severance agreement was offered to non-professional level employees...have you? All those affected by the RIF are hourly workers, and while we want to offer them severance, we also want to use a severance agreement.

Part 2 - Does anyone have a very basic severance agreement they would be willing to share?

Thanks everyone...[/QUOTE]

STC We are about to do this within the next week. I did not like the long traditional agreement so did have our attorney draw up something shorter. If you send me a PM I will get your email and try and get it to you. It includes a release. . don't know if that is part of what you are looking for. Unfortunately, both of our folks are in protected classes. . I'd rather roll the dice, but I am alone in that sentiment.
  • If you could share this document with us, I'd like to post it on the forms page of our website, [url]www.hrlaws.com[/url].

Sharon