April Fools

So, did anyone do anything fun yet?

I couldn't find my classic fake restroom usage policy announcement, so I had to resort to an old standby... putting post-its on several monitors with the same message: "Call Mr. Lyon - URGENT". The phone number provided is for the St. Louis Zoo.

C'mon, give it up - I need new material!

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Gee Frank, that's right up there with calling a convenience store and asking if they have Prince Albert in a can, then responding "you'd better let him out".
  • Or asking "is your refrigerator running"...

I thought Frank's very insightful and informative posts earlier were part of an April Fool's Day joke on all of us. :D

Enjoying your tweets!
  • Sometimes the simple stuff just works better. :)
  • There is an ee here who is well known for her practical jokes. At Halloween she brought in a huge box, placed it in the foyer and then jumped out of it to scare people. Almost caused our mailman to have a stroke as he ran screaming from the buiding. She also likes to put plastic bugs on things, which is why I stopped asking her to pick up lunch for me. A Chic Fil A sandwich is not so good after you have picked it up off the floor... :o
  • Okay, I give up. What is a Chic Fil A? We must not have that around here.
  • Chik Fil A is a chicken restaurant that we don't have here in the Pacific NW (at least not as far as I know). I have heard of it but never been to one because I never wander too far off the west coast!
  • Chic Fil A has some of the cutest commercials. Cows with hand painted signs, saying Eat Mor Chikin. It is a fast food chain that is Christian based, not open on Sunday. They have some of the best sandwiches. It took me a while after moving here to realize that Bob's Big Boy and Shoney's were the same thing. And there was no Del Taco or Der Weinerschnitzel! Not sure about chains in the Pac NW, although I did eat at a Pig N Pancake while there. :)
  • Chik Fil A is a great little fast food restaurant usually found in malls. Their ads show cows holding up signs saying "Eat more chicken." They serve all kinds of chicken sandwhiiches and waffle fries. The local place here never has any bad press, and often has good human interest stories of young people who have worked there. The place is NEVER open on Sundays. I heard the owner requires them to be closed on Sundays for religious reasons.
  • Here we have McDonald's, Taco Time, Godfather's, and Subway and that's it for fast food (although, in terms of our health, that's probably more than enough!) So when we travel, a big part of the fun for a lot of people is hitting the different fast food/food court restaurants that we can't normally go to, and also some of the other chain restaurants, like Red Robin, Denney's, IHOP, or Outback Steakhouse. My husband always wants KFC and Arby's, and I don't particularly "crave" any kind of stuff I can't get here but I do like IHOP & Outback.

It was funny, when my entire extended family that lives here drove to Washington for a family reunion several years ago, we were in two vehicles and would communicate between cars by cell phone or handheld two-way radios (when we didn't have cell signal). Most of our communications on the road were discussions at mealtimes over which fast food place to stop at, because everybody had a favorite that they considered a big treat because you can't get it here!
  • Okay, now I am hungry for chicken.
  • Godfather's pizza! They haven't been here for years, but we used to go there every Friday night back in high school after the football games :)

Now [B]I'm[/B] craving some junk food as well!
  • We have Godfather's Pizza in Oklahoma. They have the best sausage and mushroom pizza in the whole world.
  • I heard their sandwiches taste just like frog legs.
  • [QUOTE=KSR6450;715700]Godfather's pizza! They haven't been here for years, but we used to go there every Friday night back in high school after the football games :)

Now [B]I'm[/B] craving some junk food as well![/QUOTE]

Me, too (and I just had McDonald's for breakfast earlier, so I've had my quota of bad stuff for the day!)

Godfather's is right next door to where I work, but I never go there because it's more of a teen hangout than anything. We haven't even ordered from them for delivery in ages, although I really love their 3-meat pizza and their dessert pizzas.
  • Omigod I love Godfathers! None around here, though. In St. Louis, they don't believe in pizza with that much substance. When we have a pizza party here at work, we have to actually look inside the boxes to see whether the pizza is still in there. Those of you who have been here will know that is no exaggeration.