Where did it go

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-20-04 AT 08:54AM (CST)[/font][br][br]What happened to the counter on the upper right hand side of the forum that told us the number of participants, or was it the number of registered users?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I noticed the same thing. There used to be about 5500 registered users. Wonder what the current number is.
  • 5 - and Skippy the Wondermoose. x;-)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-21-04 AT 07:22AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Back when the Gestapo was deciding to eliminate 76% of the participants,(because they didn't send a check to M. L. Smith), the suggestion was made several times that they should do something about that exagerrated figure in the corner that indicated a million participants.
  • We removed the member counter because it wouldn't give accurate numbers. When we deactivated a bunch of Forum accounts last month, the doofus software kept counting them as members. It turns out that the only way to stop counting them is to totally delete their accounts, but we don't want to do that for a while because some of these people will wander back to the Forum and become active members again.

Best I can tell, there are now about 2,400 Forum accounts. Last month we deactivated about 3,200 accounts, but most of them were people who hadn't used the Forum in the past year or so.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com

P.S.: I wasn't ignoring your question -- I was out of the office.