Forum Fits

I'm having troubles today. Everytime I try to go to a list of topics, next topic, previous topic, or post I'm having to click twice. I don't mean double click, I mean that when I click next topic the page appears to go to the next topic but actually all it does is refresh the topic on the screen. If I click next topic again, then I will finally get the next topic.

What it all amounts to is it's taking me twice as long to move around the forum. Did something change between yesterday and today?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Whoa...I tried to close the Forum window and it recreated itself about 100 times. I've rebooted and come back, and the two click thing is still going on. Is this a Forum virus?
  • Having the same problem Leslie (but not to the degree you seem to be). Means I'm wasting twice as much time as usual. Oh, my!
  • I think we (meaning someone other than me) fixed the have-to-hit-the-button-twice glitch. And the Forum is virus-free.

As for your browser opening 100 times, that has to be a problem with your computer. I think you should scan your computer for viruses (make sure your anti-virus software is up-to-date first).

Good luck.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • I keep having the little window pop up asking me if I want to install a new version of macromedia plus. It doesn't matter if I answer yes or no, the next time I push a button, it will come up first and I will have to answer before the website responds. My company has locked our computers so I can't install this even if I wanted to, but how many times do I have to tell it no?

Grrrrrrrrrrr!
  • Whenever someone says "we" and I know they mean someone other than them (and ususally me!) I ask them if they have a mouse in their pocket. It's not terribly amusing but gets the point across.

Thanks James (or we) the two click thing is fixed, at least for me. As I said in another forum, Norton has destroyed so much virused stuff coming into my business e-mail, who knows what caused the other glitch. I got off the forum a second time, and it did not re-create itself again...and again...and again...
  • For over a year on three different computers I have had repeat messages advising of postings on threads I'm interested in. For example I might have 20 unread messages and six of them are notices from 'customer service M.Lee Smith' that I have a new message and all six are repeats of the same posting. I know this is not the computer since it's been three of them, all three brand new. Ain't complaining, just mentioning this small irritation. It's not nearly as bad as a hemorroid, I hear.
  • Don, they may not be repeats. The message will show the last one. But if someone posted above the last one in order to reply to a post someone else wrote, it will apear under that post. Check the number of posts. Sometimes they are out of sequence.
  • My dear Rita, the one whose sweet words I survive on....No, that ain't it! When I bring up the messages, one at a time, in my inbox and 4 in a row indicate they are on the same subject, posted by the same person, something is awry. But, thanks for trying.
  • Alright Don, you're making me crazy today. One post is by Don D, the next post is by Don Ds Twin. Are you home or at work!?!?!? Or is there really a twin out there somewhere?
  • NaeNae55: I looked into your Macromedia problem. Macromedia is a common program that's used to display graphics on websites. Ask your computer people to install it, and I can't imagine they'd have a problem with it.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Thanks James, but it takes an act of congress to get them over here. We had Macromedia already, so I think when there was an update the I/S people just forgot about us (the I/S people really work for our owner company). So though I normally make it a rule NOT to do this, I clicked on the box that says, "Never show this to me again." It worked. Hopefully, if it backfires it will be far enough into the future that I won't remember marking that box (which shouldn't be too long) and so can just sit back and complain and not feel guilty.

Thanks!