Jalapeno poppers

Ok - here is another one that is really good - this one is a bit more time consuming.

1/2 lb of Jalapeno's
2 packages of cream cheese
Cajun spice mix (any kind will do, packaged or bottled)
1 lb of bacon - cut up bacon into about 1" pieces (only cut up the amount of bacon needed)

Mix the cream cheese and spice mix - add enough of the seasoning to fit your taste - the more you add the spicer it will be. Set aside.

Slice the jalapeno's in half (lengthwise) and scoop out the seeds.

Fill the jalapeno slices with the cream cheese mixture and top with pieces of bacon, cook in the oven at 400 degrees until bacon is cooked - usually about 30-40 minutes.

This recipe takes some time but I have to tell you its well worth it AND when slicing the jalapenos it might be a good idea to wear some kind of a glove or use a towel to hold the jalapenos as to not burn your fingers from the seeds and juice from the pepper. I made the mistake of cutting all the peppers with my bare hands one time and paid for it.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • "I made the mistake of cutting all the peppers with my bare hands one time and paid for it."

I did the same thing, but thought I had cleaned my hands good enough and took my contacts off. Didn't have too much of a problem that night, but the next morning when I put my contacts back in, I thought I was going to go blind. I have never had anything burn that badly. Believe me, those contacts went in the trash rather quickly.