Kitty Litter Cake

I am a little late bringing my treats that I promised last week. Work keeps interupting me.

Kitty Litter Cake

1 spice cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 package vanilla pudding mix

Prepare the pudding and chill it until you are ready to assemble the cake

Crumble the white sandwich cookies in small batches either by hand or if a blender, scraping often since they have a tendency to stick. Set aside all but 1/4 cup of the crumbs. And green food coloring to the 1/4 cup crumbs and mix with a fork.

When the cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them together. Toss this with half of the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs. Put the mixture into a kitty litter box. Then put globs of pudding into the cake and mix slightly because you want some “wet” areas as well as “dry litter”.

Unwrap the Tootsie Rolls and soften them a few seconds in a microwave until pliable. Form then into desired shape. You can “puddle” one and have another one hanging over the edge of the litter pan. Then bury the rest of the Tootsie Rolls in the cake mix.

Sprinkle most of the cookie crumbs on top, including the green “chlorophyll” ones you colored earlier. Place kitty litter pan on a spread out newspaper. Sprinkle some litter outside the pan for effect. Use a pooper scooper to serve into paper plates.

This serves a lot (two cakes) of non-squeamish people, those that don’t have cats or almost any kid party. You can even serve it for a Fear Factor style charity fund raiser.

PS: I don’t have a cat so I had to buy a new litter box and scooper to make the presentation authentic. You may use your own judgement if want to spring for the additional cost of new items that you may use only once. I have actually made this cake four or five times and it really is fun!

Comments