FRIED GREEN TOMATOES

Just polished off a plate full. So simple.

1 large really green tomato
Half cup of non self-rising flour
Iron or non-stick Skillet
Salt and pepper to taste
Six Oz olive oil or spray, canned oil

Heat skillet to medium-high
Pour in olive oil or spray canned oil to coat
Slice hard, green tomato in quarter inch slices
Spray all slices with canned spray.
Dredge each tomato slice in flour
Sprinkle salt and pepper on each slice, turn, repeat
Lay tomato slices gently into oil, sides touching
Flip over once or twice, sprinkling salt and pepper to your preference.
Lay on paper towels to drain after well browned.

Oh man! Lay these babies out on a plate and drizzle thousand island or ranch on them and enjoy.

An alternate method is to sprinkle cheddar cheese on them when they come out of the oil.

Very low cholestorel, calories and carbs.

Warning: Works as sexual stimulant.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks for the warning. Though this sounds tasty, and maybe I'm just missing something, but how can something coated in flour and fried in oil be low cholesterol and low carbs? The 1000 island dressing sure isn't low in calories either.

Cheryl C.
  • He qualified his claims of low carbs and low calories by saying that since this dish acts as an aphrodisiac, hopefully, if all goes well, you will have burned some off.

Gene
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-08-05 AT 07:39AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Cheryl is always sooo cynical. She undoubtedly does not even know that one-half fried chicken with flour contains only 6 grams of carbohydrates. Thousand island should be made with low fat, lite mayo, which contains almost no carbs, and lite catsup, another carb no-brainer, and a touch of 'wooster'. And there's just enough oil or spray to brown the flour, not to saturate the tomato. Maybe I should pass out carb-calorie counters. You just can't please some folks. Offer an aphrodisiac suggestion and they start picking apart the menu. You'd think they would run out to the store and buy a green tomato!

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • Ever since I saw the movie of the same name I've wanted to try fried green tomatoes maybe now I can make my own. Thank you they sound delish!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-08-05 AT 02:04PM (CST)[/font][br][br][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-08-05 AT 02:04 PM (CST)[/font]

I like to add corn meal to my flour and instead of the thousand island or ranch dressing, eat them with ketchup.