Peanut Butter Blossoms - Irresistible

Another cookie recipe (you can use any peanut butter cookie recipe for this and just add a Hershey kiss, but I find this recipe to be the best one!)

1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (pref. packed, but can use the granulated)
2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup shortening (butter flavored Crisco works best)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer Skippy's, but any kind should do. For a slightly healthier version, use a no sugar, no salt, pure ground peanut butter)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (I usually add an extra little bit)
48 Hershey kisses (I just found out that the new limited edition dark kind tastes the yummiest!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine all ingredients except the kisses. Mix at low speed in a blender (or by hand as I do) until well blended. Shape into balls using rounded tsp (or in the palm of your hand like I do). Roll in sugar (not a necessity, but I find it helps at the end).

Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. This depends on what type of cookie sheet and oven you have. Check on them after 8 minutes and if they are golden brown in color, you've got it!

Take out of oven and immediately top with a Hershey kiss (in the center), press down firmly until the cookie cracks. Cool on a rack and enjoy!

Comments