911 Remembrance

Anyone doing anything special to commemorate this day? We just observed a moment of silence after I gave a short speech reiterating the events.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That was an excellent idea. We are not doing anything like this in my office but I know that all of us "remember" and will never forget!!
    I saw this am on GMA the Memorial built by the Pentagon to commemorate the victims. Awsome. I only hope that the world will never stop fighting these idiots and murderers!!!
    Ciao

• I was fortunate enough to visit NYC before the attacks. While waiting for a friend who worked at the WTC complex, I took a beautiful picture of the twin towers reflected in the glass of her builidng. It is framed and sits on my shelf.
    I hope everyone was able to, in their own way, remember those affected by the senseless tragedies brought on by the cowards who hide behind religion.
    Sad day. x:-(
  • My sister and nephew (who was 5 years old) came in June 2000 to visit us. We drove to New Jersey to visit my husband's family and of course we took them to NY. We spent the whole day there with our brother in law (who is a law enforcement officer and works in NY) as our guide. My sister shot a film all thru the day and of course filmed the towers. We had no idea that day that it was going to be the last time we saw them.....
    I have been watching that film many many times since 9/11/01......
    If there is anyone in the forum whose family has been affected by the brutality and fultility of 9/11 please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.
    Marina
  • We used to have a forum member who lived just a few blocks from the Twin Towers and she was displaced from her home for a few weeks until the area was cleaned up. If I remember correctly, she was able to look out a window where she worked and watched the devastation happen.

We have several families in our community that had family members that were there, some lived to tell about it and some didn't.