I appreciate this category!

Just wanted to let everyone (including the monitors) how much appreciate having a category where we can just B.S. if we want to. I got spanked pretty good last week for participating in an "inappropriate" thread on an industry-specific HR board, and it pi55ed me off.

The thread? Participants were discussing what restaurants to hit if they were attending the SHRM conference in Chicago.

Sheesh. Made me want to start my own board. :) Not really.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hero has become much more tolerant the past year or so. Maybe because we are able to establish limits and live with them.
  • I'll take the risk of opening a can of worms here but I personally dont think Hero has changed all that much. I think what's changed is that the people here know how to conduct themselves and dont need a baby sitter. Nobody is intentionally antagonistic and demeaning.

Sometimes I wonder if they read any of this at all. Yeah I am talking to you Tony and Celeste. Not to mention the Great Ragee.

It was nice to read Frank's post. Its too bad he got in trouble over on that other forum. Frank, if you need a wingman, let me know. I apparently am quite the forum troublemaker apparently.
  • Hi Paul! We read the boards. I enjoy it. But as you pointed out, "people here know how to conduct themselves and don't need a baby sitter." And since that is the case now, I think the MLSP mods try to let ya'll take the threads wherever they may go because it's insightful and often funny but doesn't degenerate like it used to. A big thank you to everyone for that.

Celeste
  • I never really had a problem here, even eight years ago when I first joined. When James, etal, would step in and scold someone I generally thought it was deserved.

The moderator of my little forum down the street just posted his rationale for taking us to task. He pointed out - by bolding certain words in the TOS - that the list serve is for "intelligent" and "professional" dialogue, and that posts discussing which restaurant to meet at does not fit either criteria.

What a pud.
  • Curious, did anyone respond to that guy's rhetoric? Surely, someone had to tell the Moderator that he was being anal.
  • In an earlier exchange (over another topic), I told him he was being pretty difficult for someone whose paycheck depends on happy subscribers. Judging from the e-mails I received off-line, that may have been the post of the year.
  • He probably wouldnt appreciate the subtle genius of "The Thread That Will Not Die" either.