We need a leader like this

IMG]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/joannsimon/aussiepm.jpg[/IMG]

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage y ou take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You should have "Snopes'd" it.

This is a collection of quotes and mis-quotes dating back three years from at least three individuals, two Australian and one American. None of them are PM John Howard, although the two Australians are government officials. (Neither of them involved with national security, natch.)
  • Frank, does it matter if it's factual? Can't speak for Joannie, but I believe she meant to relay the [b]spirit[/b] of the message.
  • Which, Q, is exactly the philosophy of the postmodernist. Don't worry about facts because there is no such thing as truth. It is all illusive. Truth can be anything you want it to be. The spirit or concept or intent is far more important than the facts.
  • Frank, why do I need to snopes anything when I have you and KimberlyK to do that for me.x:D
  • I think it does matter if it's factual.

Lately, in this country, it seems to me that truth and integrity are only important if it involves a cigar and an intern in the Oval Office. It's the same with military service to our country... it only helps qualify you as a presidential candidate if you're a Republican. In the past 30 years, the only Democrat who has had less military service than his Republican counterpart was Bill Clinton. (Bush-the-Elder and Dukakis both served.) There are an awful lot of people who don't know a thing about McCain's stance on any issues, but he has their vote because he served our country in the military. How many of those people were lining up to vote for Carter, Mondale, Gore, or Kerry?

Now, I could take a little more time and rewrite the above, and attribute it to some beloved national hero to give it more weight. Hopefully, somebody out there (probably KimberlyK) would Snopes it.
  • Frank, I was being sarcastic. Facts are important. I do believe in absolute truth.
  • I believe facts are important too, but I also believe that Joannie posted this because of the sentiment. I'll let her speak for herself.
  • I too believe the facts are important and relevant even more so in this day and time...but regardless if this attributable to one man or woman speaking or a bunch of folks who spoke and the quotes were put together - I'd sure love to see someone truly like this running to be our leader.
  • Frank - Regarding you comment about people voting for McCain because he is a veteran and not knowing about his position on issues, how many people have already committed to voting for Hillary because she's a woman or because she is Mrs. Bill Clinton, and how many people have already lined up for Obama because he is African American? Do you really believe that the majority of the voters in this country take the time and expend the energy to know where the candidates stand on all the important issues? If that were true elections would take on a whole different character. Unfortunately most voters aren't even familiar with the positions of their local/state/fed representatives.
    "Lower taxes" - got my vote
    "Improve streets" - ditto
    "Fight crime" -yea
    "War on Drugs" - uh huh
    They all sound good but no one bothers to ask "how?".
    two cents

• joannie posted this because she was bored and hoped to start a nice discussion.

I don't give a rat's soap who said it or to whom it is attributed. I don't care if it's snoped or as said on another thread scoped. I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed, but it did what I intended it to do. I drew a line in the sand, you folks scattered to your respective sides and I was entertained. Thanks. BTW, I do agree with steaks.
  • No, we need a leader like THIS:

[url]http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/chuck_norris.jpg[/url]

And if you Snope Chuck Norris you will get back the response "Chuck Norris is real and he is REALLY going roundhouse kick you in the head if you ever doubt him again."
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-10-08 AT 06:18PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Those look like weenie guns. The shirt looks like something the Village People would wear. Also, his hair is girlie.

Edit: I take all of that back. Paul is mad at me.
  • I've already posted the reason I disagree with Steaks, on another thread. If I get really bored I'll find it.
  • On a serious note, I agree with Steaks. I have heard individuals say that they are going to vote for Obama or Hillary because they want to see a "minority" or a "woman" in the White House.

Not that its wrong. I have heard worse rationale.