Nothing's changed

I"ve been away from the forum for about a week but everything seems normal among you. I am surprised though that Frank hasn't figured out how it is either President Bush's or VP Cheney's fault that Spitzer got caught. How could it not be part of a "vast right wing conspiracy!"?
One question remains: Will Spitzer's wife get as much mileage out of being the "victim" as Hillary has? Maybe running mates? Coauthors? Residents on Big Brother or Survivor if Hil doesn't win? All kinds of possibilities!! Abandoning a worthless husband does not pay nearly as well as being victimized and then forgiving and supportive when you reach this level of political malpractice.
Just a note, and maybe it's just me, but has the news media seemed to have neglected to mention the fact that Spitzer is a Democrat four million times? Probably just an oversight.......

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Interesting observation, Steaks. The press here in NY has been quoting Democrats whining about how embarassing it is. They have tried to claim the moral high ground, though that in itself is a joke what with Bill Clinton being a NY resident now. The perception is that only the Republicans are guilty of such stuff and the Democrats are above that type of behavior.

Even more interesting will be what comes of the revelations that the rumors behind Obama's church are true? His pastor is an avowed racist who hates whites and hates America. Obama responds very weakly. Will Obama sell us out to the Muslim terrorists? Will he engender a feeling of hatred that will unleash racial wars never before seen? Maybe there has been some truth behind the Clinton's claims that Obama is playing the race card. Obama cannot claim ignorance, he has known Wright for 20 years, he has made him an advisor, he has claimed Wright as spiritual leader, he has idolized the man. He must have known of Wright's traitorous positions. Wright ought to be arrested and charged with treason and Obama should resign from public office in disgrace.
  • Ray,

Do you not claim all the NY Kennedy's....They too are Democrats and I remember all the scandalous reports of their sexual activities. x:-8 Now I'm telling off on myself....I thought that was a requirement for the Democrats Party Nominations!

As for Obama, I would never doubt he is a racist because of several statements he's made in speeches concerning New Orleans. When the information came out about his church & spiritual leader it only confirmed what I feared from the beginning. What did surprise me was the Kennedy's backing of Obama. x:o

So Steaks, I don't see Obama's wife joining in the choir with Hilary & Spitzer's wife....Maybe she would take the role of Julie on Big Brother though.

• All the Kennedy's have been.... um... rather interesting. What with some of the recent revelations of some Republican dalliances, Democrats tend to forget about some of their brothers.

Based on his association with Wright, imagine the type of people Obama will surround himself with as advisors. Wright would become his Billy Graham. Now that should scare a few people.

And speaking of Obama's wife, she was roundly criticized a few weeks ago for making a statement to the effect that for the first time she was proud to be an American. She weaseled her way out of it, but juxtaposing that statement with the things her pastor, Wright, has said, it becomes more apparent that Mrs Obama didn't misspeak, nor was she misquoted or taken out of context. The Obamas seem to have a problem with patriotism. Is that the kind of people we want running our country?
  • Yes, I agree and shutter to think of whom he would appoint as his cabinet as well as his advisors. I don't feel all the general public realize this or are a sensitive as we on the implied meanings of statements made by the Obama's. He is not whom I want as my President, Commander & Chief or even as a running mate for Hillary.

I do also worry about the Electoral votes vs. the popular votes. He seems to have more support in that turf as well. Even in Texas where Hillary won the majority, he won where it really counted.

If he is in fact the Democrat candidate for the Presidency I hope we have a large cross over political party lines in the general election.

Maybe the new independent candidate who is trying to get enough signatures for the ballot will become a true patriot for the cause and help the US out of this mess. Surely the good Doctor would have a suggestion or two!
  • Like Steaks, I also noticed the conspicuous lack of the "D word" in the Spritzer story. If he had been a republican the story would have gone something like this:

"Republican Governor Spritzer, a life long Republican, has become embroiled in a seamy sex scandal. His wife, Silda, also a Republican, has appeared to be supportive but one can only guess at the shame she is feeling. Spritzer other Republican supporters have expressed their dissapointment although its common knowledge that this kind of behavior runs rampant among the Republican party."

• Paul, that paragraph reads too close to reality, not an exaggeration.
    Another interesting media observation: Republicans keep being portrayed as the racists and sexists, but if my memory serves, it was Democrats that fought the Civil Rights amendment and the Equal Rights amendment. The only known current member of Congress who is or was a member of KKK is a Democrat (Robert Byrd). I can only surmise that the accusations come from Republican desire for everyone to have the opportunity to provide for themselves and their families without government intrusion, and the Dem. need for creating dependent and entitlement relationships. If you reviewed the Phillips' blog on Obama and Hillary positions, there is no question they are anti-business, anti-free enterprise, anti-capitalism. But they are pro-welfare programs, pro- govt. subsidies, and taking away the Bush tax cuts that brought us out of the Clinton recession. And, should McCain win, it will be because Repubs. are racists/sexists, not because of the Hillary/Obama bad policy positions.
    I'm allsteaks, and I approve of this message.

• Apparently, Wright has been dropped as a member of the African American religious advisory committee for Obama's campaign. But, the LA Times posed an interesting question. Obama knew a year ago about these inflammatory speeches (I hesitate to call them sermons), they really are political speeches and justifies the IRS's consideration of removing their tax exempt status. Why did Obama wait a year until he was outed to do something? If he knew a year ago of Wright's positions, he most likely knew long before that yet continued to associate himself with the guy. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy we want as president.
  • We changed pastors a couple years ago and when our new pastor arrived, we found that a bunch of people started coming to our church and a percentage of former members left.

I wouldnt attend a church where I vehemently disagreed with what the pastor believed. Plus, if you listen to these sermons, its clear this guy is an extremist and he didnt become one overnight.

When you combine the sermons with Michelle Obama's statements about being "proud of America for the first time" you begin to get a very troubling picture of what Obama the candidate may feel about our country.
  • Did you hear the entire sermons, or just part of them? I have not heard them, but someone here in the office said they were terrible. I did see a quote where the pastor talked about American letting some people down and that instead of singing God Bless America they should be singing God D*** America. Many have said his words have taken out of context, but it is hard to imagine where it might be good for a pastor, or anyone who claims to care about America, to ask God to da** it. It seems much more appropriate to ask God to change and/or improve it.

On the other hand, I also saw where the pastor himself claimed his words were taken out of context. After hearing what Ferraro supposedly said, and then seeing her in an interview it is easy to see how a few words can be twisted to sound like something else.

I feel like it is my duty to vote, and as such I need to keep an open mind and listen to what the candidates say and watch to see if they do what they say. It is becoming harder and harder, and every election seems to be worse. It is only March, but I don't know how much more of this I can stomach.
  • No, I didnt hear the whole sermons. Just what they played on the news. What I heard sounded angry and hateful.