John Phillips' Blog

I don't know how may of you are regularly reading John Phillips blog, "The Word", but if you are not, you missing some outstanding stuff.

It's the best issue-oriented HR blog I've seen, by far. Are there any others I should be looking at?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have to agree with you Frank. He told us about it at the AEIS in Vegas. I've been reading it daily since then.
  • Frank - I'm curious if you still think Phillips's blog is that good after his listing and detail of Hilary's positions on business directed legislation. It is excellent analysis of her positions and what the bills represent, but does not shine a positive light on her attitude towards business.
  • I can't blame the messenger!

Her support of unions has been unwavering, and I detest that. However, Obama has been picking up his share of union support, as well, and I have no indication he will be any more "HR Friendly" than Hillary.

As I have said before, however, I don't necessarily vote for candidates who will make my job easier. The ADA, FMLA, and HIPAA all made my job harder. I think they also made this country more liveable for millions of hard-working people.

I'll vote with a "big picture" mentality. I have no doubt that Hillary or Obama will make this country better for my kids. To be honest, I think McCain is a giant step up from what we've got now, but I don't know if I can trust his henchmen. As the current administration has shown, sometimes the henchmen can do far more harm than the top dog.
  • His blog has really been down on Hillary the last few days. However, some of the legislation she is trying to get passed has merit even if Phillips doesn't seem to recognize it. I guess in a blog you don't have to be fair and unbiased. At least now I will read it with my eyes wide open.

Did you see the youtube video he put up regarding demotivation? Hilarious.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-06-08 AT 09:48AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Finally, I got around to reading Phillips's blog and find it very interesting. Nae, that video was great. I sent it to a couple other HR friends.

Frank, you are right about comparing Hillary and Obama. Actually, from what I've read the perception is that Obama is more liberal than Hillary so in all these cases John writes of, he may take an even more hard line approach than she does.

McCain will probably be more pro-business, but I also agree the ones to fear most may be his advisors. They are an unknown.