Seinfeldian Post

This is a post about nothing. It does have one purpose, but is truly nihilistic in function.

Comments

• 42 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I can't believe you started this. The last time we talked about nothing and mentioned seinfeld, Paul posted an atrocious picture of George Costanza.
  • Do you know the purpose of this thread?
  • I have to leave but look forward to reading all these new and provacitive threads when I get back tomorrow.
    Play nicely children!!!
  • Yes.

It explains the attitude where you reject all philosophical and ethical principles. You shun tradition in politics, religion and morals.

Sounds like Ray is stirring the pot again.
  • Yes Ritaanz., all that and also a way to irritate Joannie by intentionally going against her request to not start any new posts.
  • Back up there, Bob. I did not make a request regarding new posts. I asked, based on Nae's & Q's posts, if that was our goal.
  • Yo, Ray, does that mean you actually practise nihilism? Do tell. Have you abandoned all your morals? Or just the the ability to distinguish right from wrong?
  • No, I was just looking for a few people to rise on their hind legs and bray. I've succeeded.
  • It was easy to see you started this post as a salute to rebels everywhere. You actually helped out the cause, if there is one, because the number of total posts jumped up. Of course, now all you have to do is start a bunch of threads for no other reason than to try to thwart a possible goal which wasn't even agreed to, and you can succeed in dropping the number again.

Personally, though I don't mind a small goal here that we might reach in a few hours, I can think of nothing more boring than to try to limit the number of new topics. So go ahead Ray, start new threads or don't start new threads. Either way you make no difference.

• So go ahead Ray, start new threads or don't start new threads.
    >Either way you make no difference.

Isn't it great how Nae can put someone down in the nicest way.!

• You certainly have a way with words. I strongly suggest that you take them and shove them up your derriere. That's French for a**hole
  • ritaanz, Obviously Ray does practice nihilism. Based on his recent posts, I would say definition #3, especially the sefl destructive part fits to a T.

1. total rejection of established laws and institutions.
    2. anarchy, terrorism, or other revolutionary activity.
    3. total and absolute destructiveness, esp. toward the world at large and including oneself: .
    4. Philosophy.
    a. an extreme form of skepticism: the denial of all real existence or the possibility of an objective basis for truth.
    b. nothingness or nonexistence.

5. (sometimes initial capital letter) the principles of a Russian revolutionary group, active in the latter half of the 19th century, holding that existing social and political institutions must be destroyed in order to clear the way for a new state of society and employing extreme measures, including terrorism and assassination.
    6. annihilation of the self, or the individual consciousness, esp. as an aspect of mystical experience.

• Yeah, she just called me insignificant much like Hillary has said about the midwest.
  • I purposely stayed away from including the Russian group. I did not want to taint them with the possibility of Ray being involved.
  • Yes, and the prevalent Postmodernist theory so prevalent in the past generation or so and which threatens to redefine societal mores as we know them is derivative of Nihilism. It leads to such inanities as renaming holidays.
  • Wow, I knew Ray was old, but I didn't realize he was a political activist in the 19th century.
  • In addition, we just in a very short time tacked on at least 20 new posts to toward the goal.

This was like throwing live bait into a pool of baracudas.
  • Is it really re-naming holidays or just castrating them?
  • Has anyone noticed Frank is unusually quiet today?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-27-08 AT 11:34AM (CST)[/font][br][br]A Deconstructionist would tell you that since there is no ultimate truth that our prediliction for recognizing these specific holidays is itself a form of repression. It is merely a way for white male Christians to perpetuate their control over others. By hanging onto these outmoded so-called holidays, we are forcing others to accept our perception of our own truth or reality. Even Thanksgiving is offensive because of how we treated the Native Americans that were cheated and displaced by white male Europeans. We are giving thanks for offensive behavior. Thanksgiving should be a day of mourning and pennance for our horrible behavior.
  • Frank is smarter than the normal bear today. Also, he is giving Ray enough rope to hang himself.
  • Ah... but who wants to be merely normal? Is that what you aspire to, Ritaanz? Characterless, mundane, humdrum normality? Plain vanilla.
  • You know, I used to think Paul was the worst one for stirring up the pot, but Ray has him beat hands down. Poor Paul. And he doesn't appear to even be here to give Ray a run for the money.

As Ray said earlier, he is bored and is doing his best to add some excitement. Poor baby.

• Ray, knock it off. You are starting to sound like Don. Get some dignity and self-respect.
  • Nah, Ray hasn't defended flying the Confederate flag yet. To my knowledge, he doesn't even advocate spray-painting swastikas on synagogues.
  • Ray just enjoys the occasional opportunity to use so many big words that the reader's eyes begin to roll back in one's head after having read approximately one quarter of the paragraph. I gave up and moved on to the next post.

I'm impressed, Ray. x:-)
  • Don't defend him Q. He was a royal pain in the soap all day yesterday.
  • You have to be old enough to remember Abbott and Costello, and too old to REALLY understand computers, to fully appreciate this. For those of us who sometimes get flustered by our computers, please read on...

If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their infamous sketch, "Who's on First?" might have turned out something like this:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT

Aabbot: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO:I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommend something.

COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: For my office?
    ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.

COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

ABBOTT: Word.

COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.

COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue "W".

COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue "w" if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT:Money.

COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.

COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.
    COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

ABBOTT: One copy.

COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on "START".............
  • I was not defending him, I was being sarcastic. Dang, I'll have to try harder.
  • Q, you can't be sarcastic. You're supposed to be the nice girl in the bunch.