Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to all on the forum.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Same to you, Drehil.....

So, last night my wife wanted to go to Target and I realized I hadn't gotten her a card yet, so I went to the card section and she went elsewhere. I picked out the usual mushy card with roses on the front, but found one that was hilarious with a very old couple on the front and she is saying something about it seems like it has lasted forever and just wanting him to drop dead already. So, when I found my wife... or maybe she found me as I was wandering aimlessly serious card in hand, I took her back to the card section and pulled out this funny card, handed it to her and said it was her valentine. The other women standing there started laughing at me - I think one of them looked at me like I was horrible. She got the serious card this morning when she got up to get ready for work.
  • Thanks, drehil. Back at ya! You are actually the first to tell me that today. I think my hubby forgot. Of course, it's no surprise, he has forgotten every year for 36 years. We got married on February 9th and he always sends me flowers for our anniversary. I figure it is too much to expect flowers again in 5 days.x:-)
  • I have a friend who considers himself the luckiest man on earth... He and his wife were married on February 15. Every year for their anniversary, she gets several dozen roses... All at cut-rate prices, of course. ;)
  • Thank you drehil, and Happy Valentine's Day to all of you too.

My hubby is in Canada today, but he left me a card that I opened this morning. I put one for him in his suitcase for him to open today. We exchanged gifts Tuesday before he left, but it still seems very lonely today.

The funny card story reminded me of a birthday card I saw once. My hubby said it was mean, but it made me laugh so hard I bought it and waited 4 years until the right opportunity came to give it to someone (a co-worker turned 50 last October).

The front of the card had a picture of a really beautiful sunset sky. It said, "Happy Birthday. I have a message from God for you."

When you opened the card all you found were three small words..."See you soon."

Nae

• Best wishes to all of you today, and of course everyday!!
    I'm expecting a call from my wife when her flowers get delivered to her office. She wished HVD to me and of course I said Oh, is that today? So she assumed as in years past that I had forgotten and would scamble today to find candy or flowers or something. BUT this year I actually went to the florist yesterday and ordered an arrangement, and am having it delivered. Don't know if there'll be any positive consequences, but hey, ya never know!!!

• We have some lovely Valentine's Day snow falling today. Many area schools are closing early...and I'm jealous.

I'm not expecting any flowers. In 4 years of dating and almost a year of marriage I have gotten flowers once. He thought he was mean (which I didn't) and brought a bouquet over. We exchange cards and that's good enough :)
  • I am in shock....my normally severely-gift-challenged husband gave me a beautiful necklace for Valentine's Day! In the past he's given me the occasional box of candy or teddy bear or something so I wasn't surprised when I opened the gift bag and there was an inexpensive teddy bear music box thing, but under it was the box with the necklace. After 11 years of marriage, he's finally figured out that I love jewelry and he can't really go wrong if he buys it for me.
  • Awww - it sounds like everyone's day was wonderful.

I chose a close friend as my "valentine" and bought her flowers. She brought me a bunch of treats and a lovely card.

I also delivered roses to a few of our schools. Every year part of the corporate team delivers roses to every staff member at every one of our schools. It's not often that I enter one of our schools and every single staff member smiles at me. x;-) Also, the kids all cluster around me, wanting to give hugs and touch and smell the flowers. It reminds me why I love my job.
  • I gave my wife flowers and chocolates and a coffee table book of pictures of the most romantic spots in Paris (she has been to Paris and thinks it's the most wonderful city in the world) and in her Valentine's card I wrote a lengthy comparison between our marriage and a storybook romance. I then baked a chocolate lava cake and drizzled it with raspberry sauce.

She gave me a seat cushion for my car.

What's up with that?
  • I hear Joannie gave her that suggestion.
  • Just heard this on a local radio station. One of the notorious town drunks just called in and asked if he could request a day late Valentine song for his wife. The DJ asked him if he was in the dog house. The drunk responded, "Dog house! I didn't even get her a card, so I better get her a song."
  • Frank, she was being extremely thoughtful. Sitting on a leather car seat while pantsless probably chafes one's posterior.