How my week has gone

This is HR related, but I can't think of a better place to post than this section.

This week I have had two DOT drug test samples taken at two different clinics disappear.

The 1st one was taken on January 8. As of yesterday, I had not receive the results so I called the clinic. They showed it had been sent to the lab on the 8th. I called the lab; they did not receive the sample until 1-17. Clinic is less than 5 miles from the lab. I called the clinic again to double check records. Clinic show sample was picked up after 1:00 pm on 1-8 by, get this, Yellow Cab Taxi Service arranged by the lab. Back to the lab, they say they only use Sure Express Courier. Anyway, it appears there was a drug test sample traveling in a cab around OKC for 9 days.

This morning a manager calls in a new driver still in orientation to discipline for sleeping while riding with the driver trainer. During meeting new hire tells manager his drug test may be positive. He was at a party last weekend where they were smoking marijuana. He didn't, but others there were. While the manager is meeting with this driver, I get a call from the local clinic. Seems the courier service, (different service not the one above) has lost the original sample and they need the driver to come in for another test.

Can this week get any worse?

Comments