Kid Stuff

So, you all know we are a preschool company. For the holidays every year, members of the corporate staff deliver a gift to all of our school employees, and this year's gift was a $25 Target gift card.

This is my favorite thing to do. Usually when I show up at the schools unannounced, I am there to audit employee files, fire someone, etc. Today is the one day a year when people are really truly happy to see me. x:-) Oh, and Valentine's Day, too. We deliver a fresh rose to every employee.

Anyway, one of the best parts is getting to chat with the kids while I'm handing out the gifts.

I visited the preschool class (3-4 year olds) and was chatting up one of the little girls. Today is the school's holiday party, and Santa is coming! I asked her if she was excited for the party.

She looked a little confused, and said "there's Jews in the class."

My first thought was "holy [b]CRAP[/b] - the teachers told the kids there are Jewish children. Are they being excluded from the party or treated differently?"

Keep in mind that we've suffered quite a few EEOC and child discrimination suits the past two years. Fortunately we've not lost one yet but they have made me hypersensitive to that sort of thing.

As I was thinking of a reasponse, another child excitedly said "and I brought cheese snacks!"

Then I realized what the little girl really said. "There's JUICE in the class." For the party.

Whew.

Comments